Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our "Sweet Escape"

ALOHA! Our trip to Hawaii was so fun and perfect! I loved every second of being with Eric 24/7. I just couldn't wait to get away to this sweet escape.
We stayed on the island of Oahu. The house was right on the beach of the North Shore. Seriously...this was our backyard. Surfers, whales, turtles, crabs, lizards, and the tail of a gecko...we saw it all. The weather was beautiful the day we arrived, but the next three days were overcast. We didn't feel bad though because we were working all the days it was yucky. And then for the last day and a half it was beautiful again. What a coincidence!
.
This is the little cottage we stayed at. Thanks Wagners, we loved it! Turtle Cove, or Turtle Beach is just a few steps from the house. So amazing and beautiful. These huge beauties love to come and sun on the sand. I always loved turtles when I was little, and now I know why...I could lay on the beach all day and do nothing too!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

The Baker said...

you guys are so cute together. It looks like you had a great time, i am soooo jealous.

now save up so you can cruise with us in 3 years!

TannHart said...

How fun! It must have been so nice to get away with your hubby for a while ... and the fact that it was Hawaii makes it even that much better :)

Hanson Family said...

That is so cool!!! I have never been to Hawaii and I want to go so bad now after seing those pictures!!!How fun for you guys to get away.

Bethany said...

One day we'll go on a cruise together! That would be a Sweet Escape for all us adults. You know, in about 20 years.

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

Woowoo, sexy mama! Melis you look so cute in all the pictures...yes, Eric does too! What's all this talk about a cruise? Can we come too? I thought our only plan in the works is Disneyland in 2010 or 2011!? Now I forget which year. Anyways, good job to you guys for getting all that stuff moved, I'm glad you got a little vacation out of it! Love, Rebecca

garian said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous!

heather said...

You two are adorable! Looks like you had a great time. Isn't that shave ice soo good?!

KazFam7 said...

Hey Wilkins! Greetings from MT. I'm so jealous of your trip, but so glad to see you had a great time. We miss you guys so much. I just started a blog a few weeks ago and mentioned it to Emily Bruyere, and she said you guys had one. It's so great to see you family! Hope you're all doing well. Our blog is kazfam7.blogspot.com. We'll keep in touch!
-Kristi and Ben Kazmierski

Cameron, Nicky, and Kids said...

What an awesome vacation, I am jealous. And what a cute family you have. My Mom keeps telling me that she runs into you all the time. Glad to see you guys are doing so well. I love catching up with old friends. Take care and come check out my family.

Sarah D said...

Melissa,
I'm so glad my dad hooked us up! Your kids are beautiful! And you have 5, WOW, they must keep you hopping!
:)
Sarah

Missy said...

SO fabulous! Congrats on your fabulous working vacation! I just love seeing you guys together, you are so in love and have so much fun. Love it!