Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Monterey / Carmel Getaway!

My parents were so sweet, and they watched our kids so that we could get away. We were only gone for a couple of days, but it was a much needed break. Here is the fireplace in our room,...so fancy :)
My little clam.
We visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was fun to look around without stressing out about where the kids were. And yet, we would find ourselves saying, "Oh, the kids would love this."
I loved eating out too. Thanks honey for such a nice break!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey Melissa and Eric! I had no idea you had a blog! It is good to see how you guys are. I can't believe you have 5 kids! I thought you had 3. Where have I been?

Bethany said...

I guess I never saw your pics when you got back. I want to go to Monterrey too! I'm so GLAD you 2 got a break even though you probably really did want your kids there. You're such a Debbi Jr. J/K Love ya!

garian said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go on a trip...you deserve it!

Mimi said...

Looks like you had a great time. It's nice to get away and I think nicer to come home to the kids that missed you.

Caroll said...

How fun. It's wonderful to get time with each other alone once in a while - even though most conversation is about the kids that aren't there :) I'm soooo glad you LOVE each other!!

Love you guys!

Benjamin said...

At first I thought you copied us..haha we copied you..lol It's funny you missed your kids too eh? That's the reason we have so many..we love insanity..lolinsup

Anonymous said...

Melissa and Eric, you two are a wonderful pair! I'm so happy you got to go.

Sharran said...

WOW!! Looks like you guys had a fun time. Miss you all.

Tresa said...

Eric... where did you get that COOL sweatshirt????