Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dancing With The Stars 2008 Tour

Amy, Joy, Brandi, and I had such a fun time together! I haven't yelled so loud in a long time. The audience was so dead, probably because it was made up of a bunch of middle-aged women, so we got a little crazy. (not really) There were moments of complete silence, and I would totally yell, "I love you Lance!" (Lance Bass) Or, "I love you Derek!" And I'm pretty sure they could hear because...
At the end of the show, during their last dance, Derek Hough runs out into the audience. There he is above :) So us girls jump up out of our seats and start yelling. Of course nobody else around us is out of their seats, so all Derek hears and sees is us. He totally ran all the way up the stairs to our row, and we are still screaming. All four of us are reaching out to him and pulling him into our row, and then Joy grabs him and totally pulls him in for a hug. We were dying! I was just grabbing his arm and yes,... still screaming. It was the funniest thing ever to witness I'm sure! I felt 12 years old again, as if I had just met my teen heart throb Fred Savage, (yes his posters were hung on my closet doors.) We could not stop laughing and screaming. And old ladies were so jealous that we touched Derek.
This was Toni Braxton singing one of her 2 or 3 songs of the night, and yes they were bad. "Unbrake my heart", she should have sang,..."Unbrake my vocal chords" We could have done without her. But she did give all the hot little dancers time to rest for a tiny bit.
This dance was my favorite of the night. The dancers were amazing, and I had a blast with fun friends. Thanks girls for all the memories. And I will see all of you at next years concert tour!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tonisloverboy said...

I think you need to un-break your hearing. I was there and Toni Braxton sounded good. Your jealous you can't sing like her.

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

You look like you had really good seats...or a really good camera! Fun. Also, do you know tonisloverboy?

Missy said...

Melissa you crack me up!! I can TOTALLY see you screaming your head off and having a great time. You are so much fun!

Hanson Family said...

I love Dancing with the stars. They are coming to Orlando at the end of the month and I am thinking of going. It is great that you got to go.

Melissa said...

Hey "loverboy" I do wish I could sing, I think it is an amazing talent. But,...Toni even said that night herself that she "couldn't sing". So whether she was exhausted from dancing, or her chords are shot, I don't know, but she couldn't hold her notes. Good luck with your career though.

heather said...

how fun to see them live!