Thursday, September 2, 2010

My trip to Oregon to see GG and cousins

This is my adorable Great Grandma, Hilda Gattenby. She will be 95 in November! I hadn't seen her for a few years and I had been prompted to visit her, so we did. My mom and I had a great long weekend in Oregon. We went out for breakfast in the mornings, and went grocery shopping, and met GG's friends and saw her apartment. She still can hold her own, although she is slowing down a bit. But she is still all glitz and glamour, (as you can see with how she accessorizes :) It was great to see her and it brought back fun memories of my childhood.


It's amazing to think that we have 5 generations in our family living on earth.


We were also able to see Mark, Carrie, and Kyle Lennen. And John, Sandra, Chessy, and Josh Fleshman. They are cousins :) It is so fun to be able to see family that you haven't seen in forever and immediately connect again. I loved getting to know them all again. They are great parents and great kids. Thanks for all the fun and for taking us to the Oregon Coast, it was beautiful!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Five generations! That's pretty neat. I'm glad you got to spend this enjoyable time with your relatives and reconnect. Looks like a lot of fun. :)