Monday, January 28, 2008

We love Gordon B. Hinckley!

We heard last night that our sweet prophet had died. It was definitely bitter-sweet news. Although I am sure he couldn't wait to be reunited with his wife. How thankful I am for the knowledge I have of life after death, even eternal life, and exaltation with our families. I am so thankful for the love that President Hinckley has for Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. As a prophet, receiving guidance from God, he led The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to amazing heights. How blessed we are for the many temples he dedicated; how inspiring are the words in "The Family: A Proclamation To The World"; and how obedient an example of how we all should live the Gospel. There will be another prophet called, and how excited I am to sustain him as well. I'm so thankful for modern day revelation. God does speak to man. I know because He has answered many prayers of mine, and my family's. I love my Father in heaven. I love my Savior. I love Gordon B. Hinckley, and I love my family. What more could I ask for?

3 comments:

Marty and Debbi said...

Beautiful!!! How can we add to that. Our thoughts exactly. Love Mom & Dad

Bethany said...

Amen sista! It is hard to be sad when he gets to be with his cute little wife. Plus, 97 years ain't bad! He's such a great man!

Bethany said...

I'm tagging you! Make an entry of 6 quirks/habits about yourself:)