Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You know you have too many kids when...

So we had stake conference last Sunday. Well, we were running late, and my parents had saved us seats, so Eric took us right up to the door and dropped us off so that he could go park. By "us" I mean,... me and 4 of our kids. Eliza was still asleep in her car seat, and Eric said he would just take her with him. So quite a bit of time went by because Eric had to park 1/2 mile away. And when he finally walked in and started to shuffle into our row, my mom says, "Where's the baby?" Eric turns bright red and says, "Oh!" Yep... we have reached the limit. Everyone around us is just laughing, and we are shaking our heads. And yes, Eliza was still asleep when Eric got to her. We really do love our kids. Really.
~Melissa

11 comments:

Heather said...

I loved that story!!! And, by the way, I loved hearing the New Kids on the Block on your blog! There aren't very many people I know anymore who remember them (all too young!) :)

Marty and Debbi said...

That was the best... I know he felt bad but she couldn't have been any safer on Temple grounds. Eric we still love you.

Julie@My5monkeys said...

that happens sometimes to me. JK but I can so relate.

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

You might not think so at times, but you are the perfect best parents for your kids! They're lucky to have you, you guys are so fun. Happy Mother's Day, Melissa. I love you, Rebecca

Benjamin said...

When Leah was a newborn we all hopped in the car and went to the store...when we were unloading everyone we looked around and said "where's Leah? " She was sound asleep back at home...doh! So don't feel bad..lol

Bethany said...

Real nice! Your max is obviously 4 kids, so can I just have Eliza once and for all?!?J/K

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

I'm glad I'm not the only parent that can be forgetful. You and Eric really are good parents...at least she was sleeping. :)
Just today, I sent the girls off to school in the rain without their coats. I couldn't get them their coats until I returned from school at 12:45. Oh well, they just got a little wet.

Rudy said...

Oh my GOSH!!! How scary..yet no big deal at the same time!!! What a great laugh. I think that can happen no matter how many kids you end up having. By the way, the lesson is by Utchdorf - A Matter of A Few Degrees. Thanks again. She just got the lesson schedule to me.

Liesl said...

That's so funny! Poor Eliza, luckily she'll probably never know.


By the way, I don't update the blog address that you have too often, the one I update is www.lizardridley.blogspot.com.

garian said...

Are you kidding me? That's awesome! You guys are so funny. I guess it happens to the best of us. At least you went to Stake Conference, Brett and I didn't even make it that far!
Garian